Weld It, Shoot It, Share It Video Contest
Sep 9, 2011
Owners of Lincoln Electric welders, now is your chance to share your love of our products.
Your videos could be of any project, shot at work or at home, small creations or large ones, art or functional, it doesn’t matter. As long as you used Lincoln products to build it, send us a video!
HOW TO ENTER
- For your chance to appear in a future Lincoln Electric promotional video and a VIKING™ 3350 Auto-Darkening helmet, if we choose to use your video, simply create a video portraying you and your project that was fabricated with a Lincoln Electric welder. Tell us what you made, the Lincoln welder model used to make it, and the performance and quality of your Lincoln welder (preferably standing with your project and welder).
- Have fun! Be creative! Show us your personality and be honest. We’re looking for welders who really love using their Lincoln® welder and can help us explain to others about the performance and quality that Lincoln® delivers.
- Maximum video length is 60 seconds and can be shot at the location or setting of your choice.
- Avoid focusing upon trademarks or products other than those made by Lincoln.
- Keep any loud background noises to a minimum and keep the camera as steady as possible.
- Age, gender, race, doesn’t matter; users can even send us something in a foreign language. Lincoln is for everyone/worldwide.
- Videos including music cannot be accepted.
- All videos must be submitted by 11:59:59 on October 14, 2011, to be eligible for consideration.
SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO
You can submit your video using either of the following methods:
- Upload a video to your personal YouTube channel and e-mail the link to email@example.com with Weld it. Shoot it. Share it. Promo in the subject line. If you do not have a YouTube channel, you can create one here.
- Send us a DVD with your video addressed to: Weld it. Shoot it. Share it. Promo, Attn: U.S. Marketing Department, The Lincoln Electric Company, 22801 St. Clair Ave., Cleveland, OH 44117. DVD’s will not be returned.
All entries must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Any individual appearing in the video must be 18 years of age or older or approved by parent or guardian.
- Entrant must submit all required releases at Sponsor’s request. All individuals in your video must sign a release which permits Lincoln to use their likeness – but only one helmet is awarded for each video we select.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person, but each entry submitted must be different. Incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will not be considered. Lincoln Electric is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete or misdirected entries.
- By participating, entrant and any other individuals in the video, must agree to have his/her video featured in future Lincoln Electric promotional videos and materials, website and/or Facebook and/or YouTube. Where and how much each video can be used in solely up to Lincoln’s discretion.
- Each entry must be suitable for display and publication. Entries must be dignified, modest, in good taste, must not be inappropriate, obscene or indecent. Entries must not portray Lincoln Electric’s brand or products, or those of others, in any way that might tend to subject any of them to public contempt, scandal disrepute or ridicule.
- Lincoln Electric reserves the right to make determinations of suitability in its sole and absolute discretion, and to disqualify any entries it determines to be inappropriate for any of the reasons listed above, or for any other reason.
- If submitted video includes welding, appropriate safety gear must be worn and standard arc welding safe practices followed. This might include, for example, welding helmet, gloves, jacket, long pants, close toed shoes, cap/doo rag, ear protection and safety glasses.
- Submissions failing to meet safety or other eligibility requirements or which do not comply with the rules will not be considered.
- All eligible entries will be reviewed and selected by internal Lincoln Electric staff beginning on October 24, 2011 and continuing until the maximum of videos needed five (5) have been selected. Winners will be notified on or shortly after that date.
- At Lincoln Electric’s request, selected entries will be required to return all required releases properly signed. If signed releases are not received on time, another video may be selected in its place.
Only one VIKING™ 3350 Auto Darkening helmet will be awarded per selected entry.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old unless approved and releases also signed by parent or guardian. Entrants may enter as many videos or as often as he/she may prefer.
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail and must sign and return to Lincoln any required Affidavit and Release within seven (7) business days of receipt or attempted delivery of Lincoln’s request.
- By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decision of the selection committee.
- Videos may be edited for use by Lincoln Electric, including shortening the video.
- Employees of The Lincoln Electric Company and its affiliates and their immediate family members are not eligible for the contest.
- Lincoln Electric is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, undeliverable email or failed electronic communications.