Sets the Standard for Premium, Economical TIG Welding Performance
Back by popular demand, this great little AC/DC TIG and stick welder delivers classic smooth DC and stable AC square wave welding output – outstanding TIG performance as well as stick welding – It's like getting a stick welder for FREE!
The Square Wave TIG was featured in the December 2011 issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel and Off-Road Magazine article "The Tools of Our Builds." Read Full Article
- Top TIG Welding Performance
- Square Wave™ Technology – Delivers a low peak current and fast positive / negative transition time. High frequency arc starting is used for both AC and DC TIG welding modes. You experience reduced tungsten spitting, tungsten electrode erosion and a smooth, stable AC welding arc.
- Standard Auto Balance® control automatically delivers optimal mix of cleaning action vs. penetration.
- Excellent low amperage starting performance – down to 10 amps.
- It's Like Getting a Stick Welder for FREE! With outstanding general purpose AC/DC stick welding capability, you can tackle steel, stainless, cast iron and hardfacing applications, including AWS E6010 electrodes like Fleetweld® 5P+.
- Standard Foot Amptrol™ – Remotely controlling your current level is an added expense with other TIG welders in this class.
- Enhanced TIG Torch Handling – Includes a rugged Series 17 torch with Ultra-Flex™ cable. The torch is detachable for easy repair or to use optional torches for especially tight spaces or unusual applications.
- Automatic Remote Sensing – The unit automatically senses when a remote current control, such as the foot or hand Amptrol™, has been connected.
- Shielding gas pre-flow and post-flow – Built-in 0.50 second pre-flow and 15 second post-flow timers purge and protect the weld and tungsten.
- DC:10-175A AC:10-175A Max. OCV: 59VDC Max. OCV: 74VAC
|Dimensions (H x W x D)
||19.5 in x 13.7 in x 25 in (495 mm x 348 mm x 635 mm)
||185.000 (83.916 kg)
- Series 17 TIG Torch, 12.5 ft (3.8 m),
with one-piece cable
- 3/32 in (2.4 mm) Collet Body
- 3/32 in (2.4 mm) Collet
- 3/32 in (2.4 mm) x 7 in (177 mm)
Ceriated Tungsten Electrode
- Long Backcap
- 7/16 in (11.1 mm) diameter Alumina
Gas Cup Nozzle
- Twist Mate™ Torch Adapter
- Foot Amptrol™ with 15 ft (4.6 m) cable
- Gas Regulator & Hose
- Stick Electrode Holder (200 amp) with
10 ft (3.1 m) cable and Twist Mate™
- Work Clamp & 10 ft (3.0 m) Cable
- 6 ft (1.8 m) Input Cable with NEMA
Ultra-Flex™ PTA-9F TIG Torch Package
TIG Adapter Kit - PTA-9/PTA-17