Precise Automated Weld Joint Tracking
Arc Products™ tactile seam tracking systems deliver precise automated weld joint tracking for submerged arc and GMAW and FCAW arc welding processes. Ideal for repetitive welding applications, these systems are recommended over manual and semiautomatic welding to improve quality and consistency while reducing operational costs. A range of standard systems or customized solutions are available to meet the requirements of many tough production environments.
- Easy to Set Up – Often installed and operating in one day.
- Easy to Operate – With a welding background, most operators can quickly learn to program and operate.
- Simple System Selection – Preconfigured systems are available.
- Select the desired level of automation - one of two controllers and matching pendants
- Choose a cross slide assembly based on load capacity required to handle the weight of the welding drive components
- Determine the travel stroke length of each axis necessary to complete the weld
- Select the application-specific seam sensor tip
- Advanced Controls Available – Gain these additional capabilities with the Advanced Programming Control (APC) –
- Program the entire sequence of the weld cycle with position-based or time-based commands
- Store up to 19 weld programs
- Widespread Integration Capability – Build a system around almost any welding power source, feeder and controller group.
||250 lbs (113 kg) @ 12 in
(305 mm) from faceplate
|Std. Stroke Lengths
||5 x 5 in (127 mm)
10 x 10 in (254 mm)
||5 x 5 in stroke = 17 in
(432 mm) diameter
||Within 0.005 in (0.127 mm)
|Std. System Weight
||5 x 5 in = 105 lb (48 kg)
10 x 10 in = 118 lb (54 kg)
||32 ipm (max)
||Automatic Control with Seam Sensor or Manual Up/Down and Left/Right with Pendant
|Input Power (V/Ph/Hz)
||126.000 lbs (57.154 kg)
- Seam Tracker™
Advanced Programming Control (K52021-1)
- Advanced Process Pendant w/10 ft. (3 m) Cable (K52023-1)
- Cross Slide Assembly (select 1)
- Seam Sensor Components
- Seam Sensor Assembly (K52019-1)
- Five Axis Probe Bracket (KP52026-1)
- Weld Torch Mounting Kit (KP52027-1)
- Sensor Cable Assembly – 4 ft. (1.2 m) (K52033-1)
- Sensor Insulator (KP52029-1)
- Seam Sensor Tip (KP52028-1)