What is it?
International Advanced Distributor Training program is a comprehensive, no-charge, two-week course held at our world headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A., which covers exclusively Lincoln Electric’s North American product line offering. Training is conducted 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily and
in the ENGLISH LANGUAGE only. It has a strong focus on product knowledge training, with emphasis on the advanced technology Power Wave® product line and other newer products and technologies. It also includes some hands-on welding time. The next International Advanced Distributor Training program will not be held until 2018. It is scheduled every other year with the International Basic Distributor Training program scheduled in 2017.
who is it for?
The Advanced course is intended for authorized Lincoln Electric international distributors with at least two years of welding industry experience and/or who completed the Basic course. This program will increase their knowledge and comfort level with selling more advanced technology products, such as the Power Wave® product line.
What are the main topics covered?
- Arc welding safety
- Arc welding fundamentals, including inverter power sources, basic metallurgy, filler metal selection, why do welds crack, etc.
- Comprehensive Power Wave® training, including several lab exercises
- New product training
- Low alloy and high alloy products
- Automation welding and cutting products training
- Submerged Arc welding
- Pipe welding solutions
- Welding cost reduction fundamentals
- Various plant tours
Each attendee will receive:
- Traditional Welding Gear Ready-Pak, including a Viking auto-darkening welding helmet, welding jacket, welding gloves, safety glasses, head covering and industrial duffle bag
- Transportation daily between the hotel and plant. All attendees will be housed at the same hotel
- Lunch daily and refreshments at morning and afternoon breaks
- One night’s dinner and entertainment per week
- Electronic copy of presentations and training materials
- Certificate and group picture
- Optional, no-charge hard copy of training binder and textbooks, but students
MUST take all items with them.
NO shipments of students’ materials after the program will be allowed
Other Program Details:
- The training program tuition and all the items listed under “What’s Included” are FREE
- Transportation to and from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, hotel accommodations, dinners (except one night per week), weekend meals and personal expenses are the responsibility of the attendees
- Estimated hotel cost is $100-$130 USD / day plus tax on single or double occupancy. Hotel charge includes breakfast and parking daily
- Hotel room payment can be made with USD cash, travelers cheques or credit card
- Hotel reservations, all at the same hotel,
will be made by Lincoln Electric for your convenience.
Please email the Customer Experience team your travel itinerary, including arrival and departure dates, so that they can make a hotel reservation on your behalf
- If two individuals from the same company wish to share a hotel room, they should note that in their email to our Customer Experience team
- Much of the training program will involve hands-on welding exercises. Therefore, work clothes are strongly recommended (such as jeans and cotton shirts)
Proper steel-toed safety shoes are required. For students who do not bring steel-toed safety shoes with them, they will be provided with transportation after the first day of class to a store in which they can purchase them. Estimated cost is $40-$60 USD
- In addition,
safety glasses with side shields are required to be worn in all lab and plant locations and will be provided on the first day of class
- If you require a visa for travel to the USA, please
complete this questionnaire and
email it to the Customer Experience team. Your information will be processed by our Legal Department. If approval is received, a Letter of Invitation will be provided
- Start early! If you need to schedule an interview with your local U.S. Consulate or Embassy, the waiting time can often be
several months. Start the process as soon as possible
Program registration will be online, via our third party partner, Cvent. To register, click on the program date(s) listed below. This is a link which will take you to the Cvent site. Follow the registration process from there.