What is it?
The International Basic Distributor Training program is a comprehensive, no-charge, two-week course held at our world headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A., which covers exclusively Lincoln Electric’s North American product line offering. Training is conducted 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily and in the ENGLISH LANGUAGE only. It has a strong hands-on welding focus as you learn about arc welding fundamentals and the main arc welding and cutting processes. The program is 50% classroom instruction and 50% hands-on product set-up and welding time. Classroom time also includes considerable product knowledge training. Starting in 2017 the International Basic Distributor Training program will be held every other year.
who is it for?
The Basic course is intended for authorized Lincoln Electric international distributors of all experience levels. Most attendees are newer to the welding industry and the program gives them an excellent foundation in arc welding fundamentals and welding processes, as well as some strong product knowledge training. However, this course is also ideal for more experienced people who wish to gain more hands-on welding training.
What are the main topics covered?
- Arc welding safety
- Arc welding fundamentals, including types of welds and joints, welding variables and their effects, types of power sources, basic metallurgy, base material types, etc.
- Fundamentals of the main arc welding and cutting processes (SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW, OFC, PAC)
- Hands-on welding with each process
- Equipment and consumable product knowledge training
- Various plant tours
Each attendee will receive:
- Traditional Welding Gear Ready-Pak, including a Viking auto-darkening welding helmet, welding jacket, welding gloves, safety glasses, head covering and industrial duffle bag
- Transportation daily between the hotel and plant. All attendees will be housed at the same hotel
- Lunch daily and refreshments at morning and afternoon breaks
- One night’s dinner and entertainment per week
- Electronic copy of presentations and training materials
- Certificate and group picture
- Optional, no-charge hard copy of training binder and textbooks, but students
MUST take all items with them.
NO shipments of students’ materials after the program will be allowed
Other Program Details:
- The training program tuition and all the items listed under “What’s Included” are FREE
- Transportation to and from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, hotel accommodations, dinners (except one night per week), weekend meals and personal expenses are the responsibility of the attendees
- Estimated hotel cost is $100-$130 USD / day plus tax on single or double occupancy. Hotel charge includes breakfast and parking daily
- Hotel room payment can be made with USD cash, travelers cheques or credit card
- Hotel reservations, all at the same hotel,
will be made by Lincoln Electric for your convenience.
Please email the Customer Experience team your travel itinerary, including arrival and departure dates, so that they can make a hotel reservation on your behalf
- If two individuals from the same company wish to share a hotel room, they should note that in their email to our Customer Experience team
- As this is a hands-on welding course with students in the lab every day (except day one), work clothes are strongly recommended (such as jeans and cotton shirts)
Proper steel-toed safety shoes are required. For students who do not bring steel-toed safety shoes with them, they will be provided with transportation after the first day of class to a store in which they can purchase them. Estimated cost is $40-$60 USD
- In addition,
safety glasses with side shields are required to be worn in all lab and plant locations and will be provided on the first day of class
- If you require a visa for travel to the USA, please
complete this questionnaire and
email it to the Customer Experience team. Your information will be processed by our Legal Department. If approval is received, a Letter of Invitation will be provided
- Start early! If you need to schedule an interview with your local U.S. Consulate or Embassy, the waiting time can often be
several months. Start the process as soon as possible
Program registration will be online, via our third party partner, Cvent. To register, click on the program date(s) listed below. This is a link which will take you to the Cvent site. Follow the registration process from there.