1. CAN I PERFORM ACTUAL LIVE WELDING WITH THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
Yes, you can actually weld in Arc On Mode with the REALWELD Trainer.
2. WHAT ARC WELDING PROCESSES ARE SUPPORTED BY THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
Currently, the REALWELD Trainer supports GMAW, FCAW and SMAW..
3. WHAT WELD JOINT TYPES ARE SUPPORTED BY THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
The REALWELD Trainer currently supports Plate, Fillet, Lap and Butt/Groove joints.
4. WHAT WELDING POSITIONS CAN BE PERFORMED WITH THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
Currently, the REALWELD Trainer supports Flat, Horizontal and Vertical in Plate, Fillet, Lap and Butt/Groove joints along with fillet and lap joints in Overhead (1F, 2F, 3F, 4F, 1G, 2G, 3G).
5. CAN I USE MY EXISTING WELDING POWER SOURCE WITH THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
Yes, you can use your existing welding power source with the REALWELD Trainer. Please contact your local Lincoln Sales Rep for the proper adapters.
6. WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED FOOTPRINT SPACE REQUIRED FOR THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
We recommend at least a 3 x 3 x 10 foot (0.9 x 0.9 x 3 m) footprint for the REALWELD Trainer. At a minimum, the work envelope for the REALWELD Trainer, student and instructor should be approximately 5 x 5 x 10 foot (1.5 x 1.5 x 3 m).
7. CAN I USE DIFFERENT WELDING TECHNIQUES LIKE DRAG, PUSH, WHIP, WEAVE AND OTHERS?
Yes, The REALWELD Trainer can capture all welding techniques.
8. WHAT IS THE POWER UP SEQUENCE FOR THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
1. Turn on the welder. See the Instruction Manual for the welder being used.
2. Press the ON/OFF button on the front panel of the REALWELD CPU. The button will illuminate to indicate that the power has been turned ON.
3. The computer will display a series of standard windows startup screens until the main windows desktop is loaded.
9. HOW DO I SIGN INTO THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
1. Using the touchscreen monitor, double tap (with your finger only) the REALWELD Trainer icon on the desktop. The software will take a short time to load and display a login screen.
2. Using the touchscreen monitor, single tap the ‘Username’ text box and enter the assigned username with the on-screen keyboard. Select the ‘Enter’ icon to apply the username.
3. Using the touchscreen monitor, single tap the ‘Password’ text box and enter the assigned password with the on-screen keyboard. Single tap the ‘Enter’ icon once the password has been entered. This will remove the on-screen keyboard from the screen.
10. CAN A WPS BE MODIFIED?
Yes, you can change WPS information in a "Save As" file.
See Tips and Tricks page
11. CAN I USE MY EXISTING GMAW OR SMAW OR FCAW DEVICES?
A GMAW/FCAW gun and SMAW electrode holder are included with the REALWELD Trainer.
12. CAN I GRADE AND SCORE PRACTICE WELDS PERFORMED IN THE ARC OFF MODE?
Yes, the REALWELD Trainer will capture and score welds performed in both the Arc On and Arc Off Modes.
13. HOW DO I LOAD DOCUMENTS OR VIDEO TO BE USED IN THE WPS INSTRUCTIONS?
To add, edit or remove supplemental material, click the 'Add supplemental material' icon.
See Tips and Tricks page
14. CAN I PRINT DIRECTLY FROM OFF THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
Yes, if you have a printer connected to the REALWELD Trainer, you can print screen shots and spreadsheet files. Otherwise, you can download it to a thumb drive and print it from your own laptop or desktop PC.
15. HOW DO I SAVE STUDENT RECORDS IN THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
Student records are automatically recorded in that student’s folder.
16. CAN I CONNECT ADDITIONAL AUDIO/VIDEO COMPONENTS?
Additional audio/video components can be connected with the appropriate user-supplied cables and adapters.
17. HOW DO I CONNECT ADDITIONAL MONITORS OR SPEAKERS?
Additional audio can be split off of the Audio Out and the video can be split off of the Video VGA connector.
18. IS WELD FUME REQUIRED FOR THIS SYSTEM?
Weld fume is required with the REALWELD Trainer when a live arc is being used.
19. IS THERE A SOFTWARE PROGRAM THAT CAN BE LOADED ON MY OWN LAPTOP OR DESKTOP PC THAT ALLOWS ME TO TRANSFER STUDENT AND WPS DATA FOR OFFLINE PREPARATION? I PREFER NOT TO STAND AT THE REALWELD® TRAINER TO PERFORM THIS TASK.
Yes, the REALWELD Trainer has an Instructor Admin software program that can be loaded on to a separate computer and used to Modify, Add, Subtract or Manipulate WPS Information or User Information. You can then load the new or updated information into the REALWELD Trainer.
20. IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS WHO CAN BE ADDED TO THE REALWELD® TRAINER?
There is no limit to the number of students that can be handled. You can add as many students as necessary..
21. IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF COMPLETED WELDS THAT CAN BE SAVED ON A STUDENTS' FILE?
There is no limit to the number of welds that can be saved in each student’s file. You can add as many as you want.