RP6™ Weldable Rust Preventative Fluid is Lincoln Electric’s innovative solution for rust prevention of ferrous metals. The proprietary oil based fluid can be applied by spray, dip or brush and provides up to six months of indoor corrosion protection. Once applied, RP6 provides an extra layer of protection for materials which will be stored or transported.
The weldability of RP6 has been verified through rigorous internal and external tests. RP6 coated materials were welded and then:
- Visually Inspected
- Hardness Tested
- Standard Fillet Break Tested
- Hydrogen Induced Crack Tested
- Constrained Fillet Break Tested
The results of these tests and various others show that when used correctly, RP6 will not adversely affect the welding process.
- Proprietary oil based rust preventative which provides indoor corrosion protection for up to six months
- Will not affect the weldability of coated ferrous metals
- Can be applied by brush, spray or dip
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov