Submerged Arc Hard Automation Feed Head
Designed specifically for hard automation applications, the MAXsa® 22 Feed Head delivers accurate wire feeding of large diameter submerged arc wires. Based on Lincoln’s proven gearbox and cast aluminum feedplate, the MAXsa® 22 model features a 40VDC permanent magnet, high torque motor that delivers plenty of traction to push up to 7/32 in. (5.6 mm) diameter solid wire. A top speed of up to 500 ipm (12.7 m/min) can be achieved by changing the gear ratio.
- Flexible Configuration – Can be used in single, tandem, Twinarc® or multiple arc applications.
- Closed Loop Speed Control – Facilitates full control over starting, running and stopping wire feed speed.
- IP23 Rated – Tested to withstand harsh environments.
- Additional Gear Sets included – Used to change the speed ratio to match the requirements of your application.
- Multi-Axis Rotation – Rotational feed head adjustment in two planes allows flexible, accurate setup for fixturing or arc locating. Additional positioning flexibility can be achieved with optional horizontal and vertical lift adjusters.
- Standard Accessories – Including an adjustable wire straightener, cross-seam adjuster and electrical valve flux hopper and mounting bracket for TC-3 carriage.
Click here to go to the CAD File Downloads page
|Wire Speed Range IPM (m/min)
- 15-200 (.4-5.0)
- 15-300 (.4-7.6)
- 50-500 (1.3-12.7)
|Dimensions (H x W x D)
||23.5 in x 17 in x 20 in (597 mm x 432 mm x 508 mm)
||70.00 (31.75 kg)
Drive Roll/Guide Tube Kit - 3/32-7/32 in (2.7-5.5 mm) Solid Wire
Drive Roll/Guide Tube Kit - 1/16 in (1.6 mm) 5/64 in (2 mm) 3/32 in (2.4 mm) Solid Wire
Drive Roll/Guide Tube Kit - .035 in (.9 mm) .045 in (1.2 mm) .052 in (1.3 mm) Solid Wire
Drive Roll/Guide Tube Kit - .045-.052 in (1.2-1.3 mm) Cored