Life-like Welding Environment:
- Realistic puddle and actual welding sound helps welders learn to respond and adjust welding technique.
- Simulates sparks, slag, grinding and weld cooling.
- Welding discontinuities appear when improper welding technique is used.
- Virtual bend test provides results instantly and reveals what causes a weld to pass or fail.
Reinforcement for Students:
- Demos of successful welds.
- Replicates proper machine set-up using a Welding Procedure Specification. Students must select gas type, process, gas flow, amperage/voltage and wire-feed speed in the system.
- Tracks and scores key weld parameters including work angle, travel angle, travel speed, distance and position.
Support for Welding Instructors:
- Encourages more consistent feedback than traditional training.
- Replay mode (in multiple views) helps instructors and
welders identify what went wrong or well.
- Intuitive software program designed to bridge welding curriculum with hands-on training.
Machine: 34.4H x 19.8W x 38.4D in. (874H x 503W x 975D mm)
Stand: 78.5H x 36W x 46.38D in. (1993.9H x 914.4W x 1178.1D mm)
Crate: 48H x 48W x 48D in.
(1219.2H x 1219.2W x 1219.2D mm)
||Crate - machine and stand
700 lbs (317.5 kg)
First Edition – SMAW Welding Training Curriculum
First Edition – GMAW Welding Training Curriculum
VRTEX® Project Based Lesson 1 - Student Workbook
VRTEX® Project Based Lesson 1 - Instructor Guide