Cleveland – Recognizing the increasing demand for welding within the fossil fuel and nuclear power industries, Lincoln Electric is offering a free informational seminar focused on improving the welding process. The two-day event will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 26 from 7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Wednesday, Oct. 27 from 7:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Lincoln Electric’s corporate headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio.
The seminar is uniquely tailored to welding professionals in the energy industries. Welding engineers, QA/QC managers, estimators, industrial hygienists, product managers and production managers will all benefit from the sessions.
Industry leaders from Lincoln Electric, Metrode and Euroweld will speak on a variety of topics including the impact of new OSHA and fume control regulations. Live welding demonstrations featuring the latest welding equipment and innovative welding technology will also take place on both days.
Topics will include:
- ASME’s new heat input requirements
- Power generation market overview
- Welding stainless, nickel, creep resistant alloys (P91) and other high-alloy materials
- Orbital GTAW solutions
- Environmental and fume extraction regulations, codes and solutions
- Hands-on welding demonstrations, special guest speakers and facility tours
For more information on the free seminar or to reserve a spot, contact Lincoln Electric at (216) 383-8355. Space is limited, and the deadline to register is Friday, Oct. 15, 2010.