The Frontier® 400X is an advanced engine-driven welder/generator offering best-in-class arc performance, coupled with the latest welding innovation for maximum versatility on the jobsite. The machine’s multi-process capability provides optimized CC and CV modes, plus specialized modes to support mechanized equipment and advanced GMAW applications including STT® and pulse welding. The machine features an industry-first, next-gen display with enhanced operator-focused features, such as save and recall weld parameter memories, maintenance reminders, and optional PIN user authorization.
Additional features include Auto-Stop/Start technology to help reduce engine idling, save on fuel costs, and avoid excessive wear on the engine, along with CrossLinc® Technology, which allows the adjustment of machine output at the arc to promote productivity, site safety, and overall weld quality. Experience the latest in welding innovation!
- Full Job-Site Versatility – Offers up to 400 amps (IEC rated at 325 amps) of welding current to tackle numerous welding and carbon arc gouging applications. Includes six optimized CC and CV modes, plus advanced modes to support pulsed TIG, pulsed MIG, STT®, and mechanized equipment.
- All Day Auxiliary Power – Provides up to 11 kW of continuous three-phase power to run industrial tools such as plasma cutters, pumps, or inverter welders.
- Next-Gen Display – Bright, durable 7 in. digital user interface for unmatched machine control - Save and recall memories, receive maintenance reminders, and enable PIN authorization.
- CrossLinc® Enabled – Allows communication through a standard weld cable to enable voltage or current control at the arc without a control cable to help improve safety, quality, and productivity with less trips to the power source and reduced jobsite clutter. Built-in True Voltage Technology™ (TVT) compensates for voltage drop to further improve operations.
- Run Longer and More Efficient – Weld longer with a class-leading 20 US gal. (75.7 L) fuel tank and integrated Auto-Stop/Start feature, designed to prevent excessive idling to help save on fuel costs, avoid unnecessary engine wear, and extend time between required maintenance.
- Field-Proven Diesel Engine – Powered by a 24.7 hp, turbocharged Perkins® diesel engine to provide extremely smooth and quiet operation with excellent cold-weather starting and high altitude performance while meeting EPA Tier 4 Final compliance.
- Trusted Reliability – Engineered tough to withstand harsh conditions and backed by trusted industry support and 3-year warranty.
- Rent-Ready Package – Product comes in one preassembled package from the factory. Ready-Pak® 2 option includes the welder and trailer with integrated lights and forklift pockets.
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Frontier® 400X (Perkins®) Ready-Pak® 2
You May Also Need
Product Weights & Dimensions
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||54.6 in x 48 in x 96 in (1387 mm x 1219 mm x 2438 mm)|
|Net Weight||1567 lbs (711 kg)|
|Machines Processes||Stick (SMAW)
Pulsed MIG (GMAW-P)
Flux-Cored Self-Shielded (FCAW-S)
Flux-Cored Gas-Shielded (FCAW-G)
|IEC Rating||325A / 33V / 100% @ 104°F (40°C)|
|Max Rating||400A / 26V / 60% @ 104°F (40°C)|
|Output Range by Mode||Stick (SMAW): 30 – 400 Amps CV-Wire (GMAW, FCAW-S, FCAW-G): 10 – 45 Volts DC TIG (GTAW): 5 – 400 Amps Arc Gouging (CAC-A): 60 – 400 Amps|
|Open Circuit Voltage||71 Peak OCV at 1800 RPM|
|Rated Gouging Carbon Diameter||5/16" (8.0 mm)|
|Machines Communication Technology||CrossLinc|
Engine Driven Welders
|Single Phase Auxiliary Output||10,000 Watts Continuous / 11,500 Watts Peak, 120/240V|
|Three Phase Auxiliary Output||11,000 Watts Continuous / 12,500 Watts Peak, 240V|
|Auxiliary Output Frequency||60 Hz|
|Receptacle Types||NEMA 5-20R
|Engine Brand & Model||Perkins® 403F-15T|
|Engine Description||3 Cylinder Turbocharged Water Cooled Diesel Engine|
|Engine Horsepower||24.7 hp (18.4 kW)|
|Engine Block Size & Displacement||91 cu. in (1.5 L)
Bore x Stroke - 3.3 in x 3.5 in (84 mm x 90 mm)
|Emissions Rating||US EPA Tier 4 Final|
|High Idle Operating Speed @ Rated Output||1800|
|Low Idle Operating Speed||1440|
|Sound Rating @23 ft. (7m)||67 dBA at Low Idle
71 dBA at High Idle
|Fuel Tank Size (US gal.)||20 US gal.|
|Fuel Tank Size (L)||75.7 L|
|Oil Capacity (qts.)||6.4 qts.|
|Oil Capacity (L)||6.0 L|
|Coolant Capacity (US gal.)||1.8 US gal.|
|Coolant Capacity (L)||6.8 L|
Cross Country Pipeline
Construction & Field Erection
Maintenance & Repair
Oil & Gas
|Warranty||3 Years Parts and Labor - Engine warranted separately by engine manufacturer|