When it comes to pipeline construction and maintenance, you deal with more unpredictable variables than you’d care to count. Adverse weather, natural terrain and regulatory requirements are just a few. Given the natural and man-made uncertainties often associated with your business, you need equipment you can count on to maximize quality and efficiency, minimize repair time and control costs. The SAE® 300 MP multi-process engine-driven welder responds to the numerous challenges that are a fact of life in pipe welding operations. Eliminate the unpredictable with an engine-driven welder that gives you consistent power, excellent performance, and maximum control.
- DC From the Start – Powered by a hand-built pure DC generator from the only welding manufacturer providing this proven technology to the market. The all-copper windings and flat DC output ensure a smooth, stable arc that enhances arc control, helping operators keep defects to a minimum to avoid cut-outs and costly repairs.
- Dual Continuous Current Control – Equipped with a continuous current control that used in conjunction with a fine tuning control allows for precise setting of amps, volts, and slope for a digging, penetrating arc for root beads or a soft, buttery arc for stacking iron on the fill and cap passes. Tremendous control over the arc helps to overcome the most challenging joints on the job.
- Built For the Long Shift – The 16 gallon (60.6 L) tank is almost 50% larger than the competitor’s 11 gallon (41.6 L) counterpart, which translates to longer run times, improved efficiency, and greater cost savings. Weld more without having to stop for refueling.
- A True Workhorse – Day after day, year after year and decade after decade, pure DC generator machines have been proven to take the abuse of field welding with the lowest maintenance costs and best resale value among diesel-driven welders.
- Temperature Stabilization™ – Enabling the operator to “set it and forget it” by eliminating any need for adjustments based on ambient conditions or warm-up period.
- OCV Boost - Increase the OCV to aid arc starting and low amperage welding.
- Built-in CV Output for Wire Welding – Runs wire right out of the box. Eliminates the need for a separate wire feeder module and the downtime associated with installing it.
- Industrial Diesel Engine – Powered by a 24.7 hp Kubota® D1503 diesel engine diesel engine with a standard on-board block heater ready to pre-heat the engine for use in cold environments.
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Product Weights & Dimensions
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||37.1 in x 24.3 in x 62.8 in (943 mm x 616 mm x 1594 mm)|
|Net Weight||1432 lbs (649 kg)|
|Machines Processes||Stick (SMAW)
Flux-Cored Self-Shielded (FCAW-S)
Flux-Cored Gas-Shielded (FCAW-G)
|IEC Rating||250A / 30V / 100% @ 104°F (40°C)|
|Max Rating||300A / 32V / 60% @ 104°F (40°C)|
|Output Range by Mode||40-350A DC Welding Continuous Control|
|Open Circuit Voltage||90 Peak OCV @ 1800 RPM|
|Rated Gouging Carbon Diameter||3/16 in (5.0 mm)|
Engine Driven Welders
|Single Phase Auxiliary Output||3,000 Watts Continuous, 120/240V|
|Auxiliary Output Frequency||60 Hz|
|Receptacle Types||NEMA 5-20R
|Engine Brand & Model||Kubota® D1503|
|Engine Description||3 Cylinder Naturally Aspirated Water Cooled Diesel Engine|
|Engine Horsepower||24.7 hp (18.4 kW)|
|Engine Block Size & Displacement||91.5 cu. in. (1.5 L)|
|Emissions Rating||US EPA Tier 4 Final|
|High Idle Operating Speed @ Rated Output||1800|
|Low Idle Operating Speed||1440|
|Fuel Tank Size (US gal.)||16 US gal.|
|Fuel Tank Size (L)||60.6 L|
|Oil Capacity (qts.)||5.9 qts.|
|Oil Capacity (L)||5.6 L|
|Coolant Capacity (US gal.)||1.98 US gal.|
|Coolant Capacity (L)||7.3 L|
Cross Country Pipeline
Construction & Field Erection
Maintenance & Repair
Oil & Gas
Pipeline & Offshore
|Warranty||3 Years Parts and Labor - Engine warranted separately by engine manufacturer|